People can mitigate a cockroach infestation and protect their health through barrier exclusion and cleanliness. Barrier exclusion involves preventing cockroaches from entering the home through places, such as small cracks in the walls and spaces near electric sockets, and up through drain traps. Having a clean and sanitary home will make it less inviting to cockroaches.
Here's a list of some things to do to protect your home and family:
1. Keep counters, sinks, tables and floors clean and free of clutter. Clean dishes, crumbs and spills right away.
2. Store food in airtight containers, and always avoid leaving food out (including pet food!).
3. Seal cracks and gaps in walls, floors and openings around or inside cabinets. Condo- and apartment-dwellers should also seal gaps around plumbing, wall outlets, and switch plates.
4. Run water periodically in spare bathrooms and sinks.
5. Scan children's backpacks when they return home, as well as grocery items before storing them.
If, despite all these measures, you discover a cockroach infestation in your home, contact a pest professional for assistance with elimination and prevention. Dial One Franklynn Pest Control is here to help with all your cockroach extermination needs.
Call Dial One Franklynn Pest Control Today!
Are you hosting uninvited cockroach guests? Dial One is here to help! Call now for your FREE estimate! Mr. Azzarello is a Board-Certified Entomologist, one of the few working Entomologist in the Louisiana pest control industry. No matter what kind of pest you’re dealing with, Dial One will solve your pest problems once and for all.
Source - National Pest Management Association
CALL TODAY 504-885-3101
Locally Owned Since 1969
Click below to watch