Termites are responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars in damage every year in the United States. In the state of Louisiana we have a very high incidence of termite infestation in homes, commercial buildings, and industrial structures. These wood-eating insects are also found in living and decaying plants, such as trees, shrubs, and even agricultural crops.
Here are a few tips that may help control termites around your property.
- Trim vegetation off the home
- Do NOT let irrigation spray toward the home’s foundation or exterior walls
- Direct A/C drain lines away from the home
- Do NOT allow leaks to continue in the roof, hose bibs, broken pea traps, busted toilet wax rings, etc.
- Store firewood AWAY from the home
- Do NOT store or pile any debris along the side of your home
- ALWAYS use a professional to treat termites and inspect at LEAST once annually
- NEVER attempt to solve the problem yourself... We are here to help!
- Spend a little money now to control and prevent termites or a ton of money later controlling and replacing the damages.
CALL TODAY 504-885-3101
Learn more from another recent blog post - Termites in My House