Summer is well underway and pests are all around us in South Louisiana. Throughout the summer months, many pests such as ants, flies, roaches, wasps and even rodents are much more active. You may be wondering what you can do to prevent these unwanted guests from getting inside your home.
Here are tips to help keep summer pests out!
What You Can Do:
- Replace weather-stripping around windows and doors
- Keep kitchen counters clean and store food in sealed containers
- Eliminate areas of standing water
- Keep landscaping trimmed and maintained
- Remove hiding places for pests
- Divert rainwater away from the house
- Keep attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry
- Throw away overripe fruits and vegetables
The most important step is to call us if you have a pest infestation in your home. Many pest infestations can come with an increased risk of property damage so it’s best to take care of the problem quickly.
Try Not To:
- Leave pet food dishes out for long periods of time
- Let garbage compile
- Leave dirty dishes in the sink
- Store wood and building materials up against the home
- Ignore cracks or little openings around your house
- Let your sprinklers spray directly toward the foundation of your home
- Let excess moisture accumulate in your home
This list of summer pest control tips can help eliminate pest activity in and around your home during the hot, summer months. If you do suspect a pest infestation in your home, contact Dial One Franklynn Pest Control today. We are happy to provide you with a free estimate for any of your pest control needs.