No, there isn’t a better mouse trap or, for that matter, rat trap. Rodents in general have been dodging humans for thousands of years, aptly being able to co-inhabit the same space, and at the same time taking advantage of you at every turn, eating your food and living in your homes. Besides being a hungry uninvited guest, they also spread disease and filth such as; bubonic plaque, Jaundice, Leptospirosis, Rabies, Rabbit Fever, and more. They can contaminate as mush as ten times the food they eat with urine droppings and hair. Rats and mice constantly gnaw and are known to start electrical fires and even flood homes by chewing through water lines. The bottom line is, you don’t want them anywhere near your family or home.
There are numerous ways to dissuade these pests, but it takes some thought and real effort on your part. Here are things for you to do around your house that will help:
- Don’t leave pet food out for more than a couple of hours.
- Store pet food in a metal container like a new garbage can.
- Keep your refuse in a closed container, don’t leave the lid off.
- Keep your grass cut weekly.
- Don’t leave building material / debris laying around. Get rid of it within a couple of days.
- Cut trees back away from the house, especially limbs overhanging the roof.
- Make sure that holes in the house are patched. Pay attention to openings where pipes pass through outside walls.
- Make sure roof vents are screened.
- Don’t leave food out overnight in the kitchen.
To sum it up, eliminate food, water and harborage.
It’s usually easy to know when you need a qualified rat and mice control company. You’ve seen one running across your floor late at night or you’ve see what they left behind next to your garbage can.
The trained technicians at DIAL ONE Franklynn Pest Control will be ready to help by:
Performing a Thorough Inspection - We inspect the inside and outside of your home or business to document all rodent activity including their possible entry points.
Creating a Customized Elimination Plan - We will make recommendations specific to your rodent problem to best ensure 100% elimination of the rodent problem. This may include some combination of baiting and traps, as well as specific recommendations on sealing potential entry points and removing sources of foods that the rodents may be drawn to.
Recommending Sanitation - Depending on the severity of the problem, we may recommend a procedure to sanitize the home or business to prevent the spread of disease.
Following Up - Complete elimination of a mouse or rat problem is not often done with a single visit. Our trained technicians will make follow up service calls to your home or business to check baits and traps, as well as ensure the entry points are successfully sealed.